For those who are interested, applications for Sauve Scholarships have been open for a few weeks now. The deadline is December 31st.
For those not in the know, the Sauve Program, now in its 6th year:
…exists for young leaders under the age of 30 from across the globe who want to change the world. The Scholars are chosen above all on the basis of criteria laid out by the Right Honourable Jeanne Sauvé:
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Awareness of international and domestic issues
- A strong desire to effect change
Each year, up to 14 remarkable young leaders are invited to come to Montreal for the academic calendar year. They live together in a beautifully restored mansion, enjoy unlimited access to McGill University’s academic programs and other resources – including lectures, conferences and events suited to the advancement of their individual professional and intellectual goals – while benefiting from the communal life and multi-faceted exchanges with their fellow Scholars.
The Sauvé experience, a period of personal and professional growth, is founded on:
- Intense exchange of ideas and experience, supported by communal life
- Extensive intellectual freedom, allowing each participant to develop according to his or her needs and aspirations
- Focus on action accompanied by a clear commitment to the community —including the host community
- Commitment to dialogue among cultures, which allows participants to understand and assimilate viewpoints built within multiple frames of reference
You can learn more about the program here and check out past scholars here.