Coming: Firefox 3 Download Day – Pledge Now!

As part of its strategy to launch Firefox 3, reach out to new users and help foster an open web, our friends at Mozilla want to set a Guinness World Record for the most software downloaded in 24 hours.

They are also maintaining a cool heat map of how many pledges from each country they’ve received.

If you haven’t tried Firefox 3 yet, I can’t recommend it enough. The awesome bar is going to change your browsing experience. Trust me.

12 thoughts on “Coming: Firefox 3 Download Day – Pledge Now!

1. Lore Weaver

It’s nifty.

2. Lore Weaver

I’m using FireFox 3 now too. The “awesome” bar, as you call it, is just a real clever implementation of the nav bar. It’s one of those things that make you wonder, “Why didn’t anyone think of this earlier?”It’s nifty.Only downside, the community hasn’t updated all the add-ons yet. I need mah hacker toolz.

3. Steph D

Well, it’s a bit more than just a nav bar.

4. Steph D

Well, it’s a bit more than just a nav bar.Since installing FF3, my trips to google have been reduced drastically. Case in point: I wanted to go check out Great Big Sea’s website for release information on their new CD. Instead of googling it to find out the address (is it .com? .ca? GBS.ca?) I just typed in ‘Great Big Sea’ in the Awesome Bar, and voila! I’m on the site.Thanks for the tip David. I always liked FF better than IE, but FF3 has been a huge plus (though I agree, GET THOSE ADD-ONS UPDATED!!)

5. Jeremy Vernon

6. Jeremy Vernon

There’s also a lot about FireFox 3 that will enhance web applications in new ways.Is there a Facebook app/group/event for Download Day (I know a date hasn’t been set yet, but…?)

7. Patrice Collin

Charles: I agree PicLens rules!

8. Patrice Collin

I love it as well, but did revert back due to the Plug-ins…amazing how we become attached to the little things in our life.Charles: I agree PicLens rules!