Back in 2007 I published a list of top ten blogging moments – times I felt blogging resulted in something fun or interesting. I got numerous notes from friends who found it fun to read (though some were not fans) so I’m giving it another go. Even without these moments it has been rewarding, but it is nice to reflect on them to understand why spending so many hours, often late at night, trying to post 4 times a week can give you something back that no paycheck can offer. Moreover, this is a chance to celebrate some good fortune and link to people who’ve made this project a little more fun. So here we go…
Eaves.ca Blogging Moment #5 (2009 Edition): Eaves.ca in the Main Stream Media
A bunch of exciting things happened as a result of blogging (and other work like public speaking and consulting). Some of them include
- I’ve begun to publish specials (like this one) in the Globe and Mail’s online Politics section.
- The CBC invited me to be part of their rotation on Evan Solomon’s Power & Politics’s Friday afternoon Blogger Panel. Best part is getting to talk ear piece to ear piece with Kady O’Malley who I keep liking more and more (see her commentary on the proroguing of parliament as an example)
- The Vancouver Sun invited me to be part of their Community of Interest and post blogs there from time to time.
- Oh, and I just noticed the other day that CPAC has added me to their list of political bloggers
- Plus, lots of pieces on The Mark